At the time of registration, dancers receive a full handbook on our policies and procedures to guide new dance families in their dance education with UVDC! Below you can find our general policies that can be helpful before arriving for your first class!
- Guests & dancers: Please keep our studio clean. No food or drink besides plain water inside the studio. (Use clear bottles with secure lids please, no straws.)
- No strollers inside please.
- Please keep electronics/phones silenced and voices down when inside. Our lobby is open to the classroom, so too much noise could be distracting.
- Observing is available from the lobby. No standing in the hall or door ways please. We have enough seating available for one observer at least per dancer, but please do not bring excessive guests. Seating is reserved for parents/guardians of the dancers during their class time.
- PHOTOS are only permitted from the lobby, of your dancer(s). NO VIDEO or AUDIO recordings. No photos will be permitted from the hall or in any position or circumstance which could distract, offend, or otherwise make anyone uncomfortable. (UVDC reserves the right to require any camera or device with a camera put away and to not allow pictures at any time.)
- Children should not be left unattended in the studio, or left for excessive amounts of time prior to, or after their class time.
- To perpetuate the positive atmosphere and show studio pride, registered dance families should be supportive of the policies set by Unique Visions Dance Company.
- Remember we want to help you! If you have questions that are not answered in your handbook, please ask us.
Do we sound like the right fit for you? We would love to meet you! Please connect with us about scheduling a trial class.
Ms. Chelsea Hill the director and instructor is certified by examination (Level I, II & III) in the Dance Educators of America Teacher Training & Certification Program in Classical Ballet, Jazz Dance, Tap Dance, Modern Dance and Theatrical Acrobatics/Tumbling. She's also Acrobatic Arts Module One Certified and has earned a B.A. in Liberal Studies focusing in elementary education and has been teaching since 2005. Our co-director Ms. Lethia has worked with children in day care and the school district, been educated in early childhood development, and has the experience of a seasoned dance mom of many years.
They are the very structure that creates the environment needed for the type of dance education we provide. Because parents are privileged to view and listen to classes, policies are applicable in the entire studio. Our policies protect the learning environment we provide as well as guarantee an equal experience to all our families and dancers.
Our Little Dancer Program is for 3-5 years old. They do ballet and jazz in a 45 min. class. Not all students are ready at this age so we do a $15 trial class to be sure the dancer is ready. Children need to be fully potty-trained. More information can be found under Class Descriptions and interested parents should watch our orientation video to learn more before attending a trial class.
Our schedule and price list can be found on our website under Tuition and Class Schedule. Each class is once a week, but dancers may choose to take more classes. Tuition must be paid in exact cash, check or credit card by the 1st of each month. (We do not keep cash in the studio.)
We are open during class times as listed on our website under Schedule and Contact Us and the doors open 10 minutes before the first class of each day. We are eager to meet all new potential students during business hours but we do require students to try instead of observe the class they are interested in. Observing does not allow the instructor to evaluate the dancer in order to place them, nor give the dancer a good feel for if they would enjoy being a member of the company. When you walk through the doors, you are immediately placed in the classroom so we discourage any extra distractions.
We do not offer rental space, however we do offer private lessons and choreography. Prices depend on the amount of time needed and the type of choreography requested.